In the meantime I started today my first real project for while I am here. So far the only thing I have really decided on is to write a letter to my Mom every day for the next month. I have some ideas about where I want to take it, but no definite final plan. The only thing I know other than that I will write to her, is that while the letter will be part of a project, they will not be readable. This kind of project is tricky, but also something I need to do. While it needs to be done, and I need to be able to have all kinds of sloppy feelings about it, I want it to be executed well, I want it to be relatable and evocative without being confrontational and exhibitionistic.
I have also been thinking a lot about peonies recently. My sister mentioned that they were one of my Mom's favorites. She even had them in her garden. I never knew, or noticed. It is amazing the things that we are totally oblivious to, I must have walked by them every day for years and never noticed how awesome they were.
Ugh, spell check does NOT recognize scrapple, what is that!
love the idea!
ReplyDeletemiss you!
<3
I love the idea linds. I know you will do it well, however you decide to do it :)
ReplyDeletePS.. i never knew they were peonies either until MM mentioned it in converstaion a couple weeks before you mentioned them and i passed on my new-found knowledge!
Love ya, Miss ya!
i think the idea for your book is amazing. perfect even.
ReplyDelete